Saturday, August 28, 2004

Hai...

"Assuming u're driving, and there's 2 bridges ahead - 1 with 5 people, the other with 1. Ur brake isn't working. Would you turn onto the bridge with 5 people or the one with 1 person?"

"Yet again, assume u're a doctor working in the emergency unit. There's a man with superficial wounds, and 5 men in the emergency unit waiting urgently for transplants - liver, lungs, cornea, kidney and heart. (It doesn't make sense, but don't think it in a logical way) U found out the man with superficial wounds was a perfect match for all the 5 men. If they don't get the transplant immediately, they would die. What would you do?"

Under normal circumstances, we'd turn to the bridge with 1 person and not sacrifice the patient with superficial wounds. These were questions posted by my Ethics tutor to demonstrate the point that morality is guided by moral intuition, and moral intuition is inconsistent. Just found it interesting. My Ethics tutor look younger than some of the students in class; and he curses with "S*it", "D*mn" etc... I guess we have to regard people in the Arts slightly differently. Heh...

----------------------------

Played badminton with Hao at 9 pm for an hour. It was really shiok! We went back to PAR (my residence - Pennsylvania Avenue Residence) and saw Jermyn and Daniel at Kool Kafe. Daniel offered me popcorn chicken, and I told him I'm starting on a diet. His immediate reaction was,"Why do you decide to go on a diet only now?" *ouch* Later on, he said that I'm "pang4 du1 du1". Stared at him and he said,"What?! Pang4 du1 du1 is a compliment! At least I didn't say you are fat!!!!"

Waah... Then Bernard came along (Yeah, mentioned that supper has become the essential to everyone) and he heard about the diet. His reaction was,"Ya, that's a good idea - Before you get to the point of no return." Daniel quipped,"For all you know, this diet is just a point of inflexion - it'll just continue upwards later!"

Waah... I thought after 01S15, and Derrick and Sengwai (they suddenly seem like angels compared to these people) I would be freed from all personal attacks. *sob* *sob* And who said SAFOS was the most prestigious award....? Look at Bernard... HAI... '

P.s. Hao said that I look like Karena Lam =) Lu Hai laughed like mad. =(
For those like me who dunno how she looks like, u can look at this link
http://ent.sina.com.cn/s/h/f/linjx/index.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What irritating people.... Are they very good looking? Most likely not, so they should keep quiet. Even if they are, it doesn't give them to right to be mean. Are all the good men really dead or gay? *fuming*