Saturday, September 04, 2004

I found a piano!!!

Been searching for a piano the past 2 weeks - there's one at the union, but it's more for performance purposes than anything else. Found a piano today at my hall (haha, yuan3 zai4 tian1 bian1 jing4 zai4 yan3 qian2), but it's also quite public, unlike the studios in Warwick. But at least, I could go there at wee hours and no one would be around.

Yep, so today I went there at nearly 1 am, with yee lin, lu hai, hao, jermyn (my page flipper!) and Bernard. Think they are quite ke3 lian2, 'cos they had to put up with my rusty playing and we're all supposed to be meeting at the union at 730 in the morning to set off to Chicago. Hee, unlike in Warwick, where everyone's so musically inclined (there's my senior Jean who could play the cello, guitar and piano; and there's agnes, who can play the trumpet, guitar and piano, not mentioning that she's got perfect pitch) people here are more sporty. (Not trying to say that if u're good in music u can't play sports well, but...) So I played my typical "hua xiang", "Angel", "wo bu nan guo" etc... Fond memories... *sigh*

What surprised me was Bernard sat aside and started 'reading' the scores I had. Then he sat down in front of the piano, and started sight reading the pieces. (Before that he said he can't really play) And it was good. (Teaching grandma how to suck eggs)

Anyway, went for a senior's house-warming party before the piano playing session, and they started a 'scandal' between Daniel Quek and I. MY GOD!!!! SOMEONE SAVE ME!!! *moan*

Oh oh, I think the ultimate culture shock comes from the media. Saw this advertisement on TV about "Climatic Gel", which is supposed to aid creating climax during sex. They got all the old aunties and uncles to 'testify' that it's really good, hmm... Laughed my head off watching it. =P

Alright, better get some sleep now, going to be a long day tomorrow!!! Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: