Saturday, December 31, 2005

???

Must be the PMS syndrome, so many random thoughts in mind, general mood: unhappy, unsatisfied.

Thinking about what a friend has been saying, about how everyone is so unique, there's no point having labels to categorize people. Granted for macro-purposes, like in the eyes of the government it's something that'll facilitate a lot of processes, but a lot of people use these labels, in some sense we call it stereotypes. Even the concept of 'society' is very fuzzy, because at the end of the day, the 'society' basically refers to that few people around you, who get in contact with you; 'few' relative to the entire population in the world. She believes everyone should be allowed to nurture into their own characters and shouldn't be bothered by the eyes of 'society', especially if they are issues that wouldn't even affect them.

Personally I feel that men are community animals. And we are flawed, in the sense we can't draw the line of what concerns us and does not rationally. "I can do what I want since it's none of your business" is quite an idealistic way of thinking. There's always an exchange between Man and community - you get the security of being in the community by conforming to what they want, even though it doesn't affect them all the time.

Actually I find this whole issue depressing because it's the kind of questions where you can never find a right answer. Granted some people think not everyone should reach the same conclusion, but since that's the case, what's the point? So what happens after that?

Nowadays I wonder what's the point of studying many things - what's the point of studying econs when they make so many invalid assumptions? What's the point of studying mathematics that goes way depth that I don't see a connection with the real world? Used to think that studying arts are only for people who are very idealistic, who like to immerse themselves in melancholia when they like, or the study of fictitious people who do not go beyond what the books talk about, as in inference can only be made with incidents within the book. Now I start to wonder, who's the idealistic one? Studying mathematics where there'll only be absolute answers to every question? Everything is either right or wrong in the world of science. But that's not true in the world. Just wonder what is it with life, what are people pursuing? Like... WHAT IS IT

Is it enough to just try seeking the right guy for you in this lifetime? Will that be enough to make you feel fufilled in this lifetime, as depicted in those Hollywood movies? Is it enough to repay parents the good life they've given to you? Is it enough to seek out the purpose He has planned for you? What if you realized at the end of this life it's a farce?

Maybe to understand more about the purpose of life, it'll be a good idea to start asking why do I'm still continuing to live. Maybe the subconscious belief that I've not served my purpose yet, the enjoyment of life with people around, the feeling of being able to love and be loved. The fear of ending it because of the other uncertainties that lies beyond that. Eee... Actually this made me scared, I dun want to talk about it anymore.

Talk about happy stuffs - went shopping at Leamington Spa today. The post-Christmas sale there proved to be better than London, woohoo! Settled my CNY clothes and got 2 sets of pyjamas. Been eyeing both of them; they both became half priced. Hee hee... Been spending a lot a lot of money this holiday, plus my mistakes and day-to-day spending... Better find a good job and work hard to repay my parents. Hee hee...

No comments: