Friday, March 04, 2005

Hmm...

Hmm... Was talking to a friend today, and realized, yeah, as you let more people know about your blog, the more unnatural ur blog becomes. Find myself sometimes typing as if I'm telling a story rather than talking to myself nowadays. Kind of defeats the purpose... Alright, shall try to kick that thought out...

Hmm... Seriously, I can feel my brain degenerating... For one, mathematics seems to be so tough suddenly. Playing the piano doesn't sound nice anymore (not that it's that nice in the first place). One thing that affects me the most is my english - vocabulary don't seem to flow anymore; even have problems with my grammar. Initially I thought I was being too self-conscious, but no, somehow it seems so hard to find words that are able to express myself aptly. Even like asking questions, somehow I'm finding it hard to be straight to the point. Furthermore, I find my conversing tempo slowing down. Been forgetting what I want to say when I speak halfway quite often. Could it be the effects of a screwed biological clock like what Mark said?

Yeah, Mark gave me a lecture today. He said that I'm no longer the bubbly cheerful girl he first knew last year. And he attributed that to stress and my irregular sleeping hours. I'm not sure if that's really the case. Sometimes there's so many things bogging your mind, but if you really were to try searching what they are, you just can't seem to find anything in particular. Sigh, better dun get myself into that self-lamenting mood again...

Hmm... Honestly there's really alot of mixed feelings about leaving UIUC. Before you know it, it's already March, and the semester's halfway through. On one hand, I'm looking forward to going back to Warwick, to see Hsien, Agnes and all... To cook together, to go shopping, and not forgetting our ice-cream indulgence! But yet, I know that things are going to be different too, Agnes and Jireh are no longer staying nearby, so we cannot have supper together, and everyone's leading their own lives the past year, making new friends and all. Somemore Siewlian's got new priorities in life. On the other hand, I'm beginning to know more people this semester, and better too, and I'm not sure if the semester is long enough to establish a strong foundation in the friendships such that they can last lifelong.

P/s. To my friends, I don't want you all to feel stressed about what I've written. I guess we're all mature enough to know that priorities do change along the way in life. In a way, I guess it's good to establish that mutual understanding as well, so that things won't be awkward if we ever realize that they aren't like before. But at the end of the day, we know that there's this bond linking us together; that there'll always be this special part in our hearts that solely belong to the other person. =)

No comments: