Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Black & White

Seems like recently there's this issue about how much can you disclose in your blog. It seems that some of my friends have been misunderstood or their blogs were used against them. For me, I started writing a blog since coming overseas because I wouldn't have to find myself repeating how's life in the US, and also making sure that my friends know what's going on in my life, so that there isn't that much animosity between us. The blog has also been used as an avenue to release my frustrations without having to be interrupted.

When I first started on this blog, I made it a point that "reading this blog at your own discretion"; that if the blog has offended anyone, it was because you've chosen to read it. I guess it's easy to say that because I'm not the one being pointed at and such. I'm not sure if its a Singaporean thing or it applies to just anyone; that people are generally very confrontational (in a vehement way) regarding the shortcomings of others. I guess it shouldn't have taken us all too long to realize that we're all imperfect, but why are people so unforgiving about the character flaws of others? Or why aren't they willing to help change others? As much as I'm saying this, I myself falls into this category sometimes. *sigh*

Well, through several incidents the past few days, I realized that I'm not really one who's willing to accept 'gray areas' - there's only black or white, right or wrong; even if both parties constituted to the conflict, there must have been things that each party has done right, and also done wrong. So I guess instead of saying gray area, I'd say small specks of black and white. (Wonder if it makes sense, heez...)

Also realized that I'm really too judgmental at times, and said a lot of things that I come to regret as long as few years after that. Honestly, always regarded myself as one with 'excusable' flaws, flaws that can be overlooked; but living in a small community 8000 miles away from home made me realized that there's so much to improve, to 'upgrade'. Wonder what I've been doing the past twenty years... Well, I guess it's never too late to start!

----------------------------

On a lighter note, slept at 4 am and woke up at 8 in the morning. Had class from 830 to 230 straight. By the time I went for the last class of my day, was almost zonked out. Happened today's class we had a guest speaker from Golden State Foods, the food supplier of McDonald's to talk to us about his experience and stuffs. It was a very small class; there was only 11 of us today. I dozed off without knowing and suddenly my head jerked and I woke up, to see my professor staring very sternly at me and the speaker as well. It was really bad, I was so scared, my heart was palpitating for the rest of the class because I was really afraid of what the professor may want to tell me after the class. Tried to redeem by asking questions at the Q & A session and also went up to the speaker at the end of the class to apologize for the 'bad night' I had the day before. Also told him that I've been very interested in that area; read books like Fast Food Nation and saw the movie "Super Size Me" (I didn't, just bragged.), and that I was very excited to go for the session, was awfully regretful about falling asleep in class. I hope that helped. =(

Went out to study in the evening and wore my sandals 'cos was too lazy to wear shoes. The weather was still pretty alright then. But when I left the union at 12 midnight, the temperature dipped to -10°C. Horrible! Luckily Shihong, a final year undergrad student, lent me his shoes at the bus stop, while he suffered in my sandals. Kind of reminded me of "My Sassy Girl", but haha~ Of course the only similarity is the shoes and nothing else. But shall give him 50 points!!!

No comments: