Just received news from my mother that my 大伯母 has just passed away, 10 minutes ago. She had begun her battle with cancer since the beginning of the year, but I guess, 人到了一个年龄,这种事情是没有办法的。
虽然我并不是和大伯母很熟,沟通方面向来也有点问题,因为我不太回说潮州话,但从小,因为没有婆婆,她就像是 "the paternal grandmother that I've never had". 想象现在亲戚们都在医院,或者在办理后事,心里就有一阵心酸。
Although I don't get to have a lot of contact with her, I know that she and my 大伯 always like to take bus and go Chinatown together, to fetch their grandchildren together despite being together for the past half a decade. Also, she treated my 秀秀姐姐 as if she's her own when she babysitted her when she was young; hugging her to sleep and always trying to give her the best.
Probably it's a blessing in disguise that I'm not in Singapore. Had never really seen my relatives in a vulnerable state. Even though 秀萍姐姐 passed away 2 years ago, she wasn't that close to the rest of the family. I wouldn't know how to react if I were to see my family like that, especially my dad.
At least she has stopped suffering. Hopefully she'll bless the rest of our family and that my 大伯 will stay strong...
虽然我并不是和大伯母很熟,沟通方面向来也有点问题,因为我不太回说潮州话,但从小,因为没有婆婆,她就像是 "the paternal grandmother that I've never had". 想象现在亲戚们都在医院,或者在办理后事,心里就有一阵心酸。
Although I don't get to have a lot of contact with her, I know that she and my 大伯 always like to take bus and go Chinatown together, to fetch their grandchildren together despite being together for the past half a decade. Also, she treated my 秀秀姐姐 as if she's her own when she babysitted her when she was young; hugging her to sleep and always trying to give her the best.
Probably it's a blessing in disguise that I'm not in Singapore. Had never really seen my relatives in a vulnerable state. Even though 秀萍姐姐 passed away 2 years ago, she wasn't that close to the rest of the family. I wouldn't know how to react if I were to see my family like that, especially my dad.
At least she has stopped suffering. Hopefully she'll bless the rest of our family and that my 大伯 will stay strong...
2 comments:
My condolences go out to both you and your family. May they find peace and comfort in the days to come.
Been sorry to hear that.
Deepest Condolences...
Post a Comment