Sunday, July 16, 2006

ただいま (我回来了)

After one month's of extensive travelling in Western and Scandinavian Europe, I'm finally back in Singapore for good.

Thought I would welcome the sense of familiarity readily, but my heart weighs unduly heavy. If life is like writing an essay, I've done my research and now I've got to start writing my piece. Of course, that's not the perfect analogy, but the idea is there. It's easy to paint a rosy picture of how ideal you want your career path to be, your life to turn out, but when the time comes that you have to make concrete decisions that will directly affect your future, you realise how much lacking it is from your ideals. Or how simple your wish is but it's just not within your control to get it. That hurts.

It's not just about my career, but also my beliefs. So hard to find someone who shares the same beliefs as you, and it makes things even more difficult when loved ones completely disagree on them.

I must admit life has been very smooth-sailing for me; though there are minute hiccups at times, I have it really easy so far.

Foresee life ahead has a lot of cross roads and hurdles, which will be a very daunting journey for someone like me who isn't climatized to the harsh conditions of life. I'm sure this is a common struggle for many people as well. Think I'm just being weak and whiny. Hehz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! =0)