Thursday, October 13, 2005

Week 3, Thursday

Been a really long time since I've written on this blog. Just a few updates of what I've been doing:

  • Got a job at the Warwick Arts Centre as a part time steward, which requires me to steward for at least one event a week. Going for my first one on Saturday evening, a comedy by Jimmy Carr.
  • Going for presentations by companies, signing up for aptitude tests and career workshops, hopefully it'll get me somewhere.
  • Going for Alpha course at Westwood Church, had my first session yesterday, and it was great knowing new people in such an open environment, think it's probably the first time I had such a heart to heart conversation with the locals here. Good food too =P
  • Intending to go for my first golf session with the Golf society next Wednesday - "Pitch and play", where the 18 holes are all no more than 90 yards, heez... FIY, I'm best at pitching, relative to full swing and chipping. Just hope I remember all that Uncle Ali has taught me.
  • Watched Pride and Prejudice by Keira Knightley yesterday, and I really loved the show. Heard the BBC version is even better, can't wait to lay my hands on them.
  • Been watching Lovers in Paris as well, currently stuck at Episode 15 'cos I hadn't had time and energy to watch anymore. Last 5 episodes, come on! Ah Jah!!
  • Have I mentioned about the 30 plus men I saw wearing only g-strings running down Gibbet Hill road?
  • Anyway, really enjoying myself more than I did during my first year, in the company of Cheryl and Hsien, my Heronbank kakis, Jyh Shyong my new found jie mei and slimming motivator, Agnes and Jireh, my missed friends, etc etc...

Ok, just realized I'm supposed to be in SCHOOL right? But seems like none of these are about my studies; I admit I haven't really gotten into the mood of studying, but I've managed to do all my seminar work so far. But ok, time to get focused, I WANT MY FIRST CLASS HONORS!!! Ah Jah!! =P

P/s. Happy birthday to my friend on the other side of the world =)

No comments: