Monday, December 28, 2009

Reflections 2009

2009 has been a year of memorable changes, especially during the second half of the year.

Bading farewell to my career in the financial sector seems to be one of the best decisions I have ever made so far. Though my colleagues are great, but the environment was sapping my energy away and poisoning my mind as the days passed. I am still grateful for the experience I had for the past 3 years nonetheless.

In the second half of the year, I felt that I began to find my place and getting comfortable with myself. Exercise became part of my lifestyle again - like that of JC. It was made even better with the company and encouragement of friends and cousins. I found my liking for dancing, and I like I always say,"Making up for lost time (clubbing)." Though that's a gray area, I think it is still ok so far. 

Bonding with my (extended) family is one of the main moulding tools for 2009. Having to work with them, and learning to balance the scales since they are not just colleagues or work partners has upped my maturity level a bit.

I think 2009 has made me more comfortable with myself indeed, and I think it is God's hands behind everything. Definitely. He spoke to me time and time again this year, be it reassuring me or questioning me, it made me fully aware of His care and love. It made me stand in awe of His grace of such a fallen one such as the likes of me. 

In the new year, regardless of what resolutions I make out, I hope I will strengthen in His likeness. 2010 is going to be a year of strengthening and declaration. 

No comments: